As we’ve mentioned before, it can be common for people in long term relationships to run out of things to talk about after awhile. It’s nothing to be ashamed of, but we’ve love to help you avoid another silent dinner.
Here are 10 more suggestions to spark conversations in those moments. We’ve written them here in question format, but most of them could also be brought up in a manner less reminiscent of an interview – for instance, you could start with your answer to the question and ask what they think or what their experience is.
- What’s the best meal you’ve ever had?
- Who do you think has been the biggest influence on who you are as a person?
- If you could broadcast a 30 second message to the whole world, what would it say?
- Would you want to live in the universe of [insert TV show you’re watching together here]? Who do you think you would be in that universe?
- If you could snap your fingers and change one thing about your job, what would it be?
- Is there a video or board game you wish existed? What is it like?
- What’s the best band you ever saw live?
- What restaurant/venue/attraction do you wish they’d bring to our area?
- What do you miss most about your hometown?
- What’s the coolest thing you’ve learned recently?
Of course, a new and exciting date night activity can also help make sure you don’t run out of things to talk about. Not sure what to do with your partner? We’ve got you covered!